I originally started working on this kit as part of the Guadalcanal Campaign, but, at the rate I am going, it does not look like I'll be able to complete in time. It is completely my fault because I worked on other projects and I allowed this project to lag.
I have decided to post this as a build thread. This will be my first here (I started one on my Mogami but failed to follow up). Here is a shot of how far I got during the campaign.
Here are pictures of my build, I'd like to share where I am at with my photoetch/brass work.
No matter how careful I was in removing the main mast from the sprue, I managed to mangle it with no possibility of making it look straight. I ended up making my own mast using various sizes of brass tubes. Here are pictures of the mast after installing GMM photoetch parts.
I have made progress with the bridge, here are the shots. I opted to have canvas covered railings (still being dry fitted here).
I have also completed the AA weapons for the deck as well as the depth charge racks.
Thanks for viewing. I look forward to your comments.