Okay, some more work done.
First of all, filling and sanding all the gaps on the lower bridge. Over the week, I painted several layers of Mr. Surfacer, so by Saturday it was ready for sanding down and painting.
I know it's not perfectly even, but that's the best I can get without risking a lot of collateral damage (not to mention that I feel the need to finally go on!!).
Next was repairing a considerable amount of damage that had occurred over time to the hull paint, while working on all the PE from the shelter deck etc. At the same time I re-installed the rudder that I had broken off at some point of time, and I installed the shafts. I had painted them metal color, but was made aware that they'd actually been red, or reddish. So I over-sprayed the, but not entirely, so that you can see a little metal shining through.
Next - 'installing' dark non-skid on the shelter deck. Quite a lot of masking and touch ups required...
Next - started work on some inclined ladders. I build some from Lion Roar, but decided (a little late) that it might be a smart idea to paint some PE frets first.
Finally it seemed about right to install the wooden deck. This proved rather complicated - the laser cutting was not 100% cutting through all parts, so I could not get the wood in one piece. Not a big problem, halfway through I decided to cut it in smaller pieces anyway to make installation easier. The forecastle is pretty busy with small stuff, and it was challenging to get the wood in place. Actually, at some points it failed, mainly around the lower bridge. That may be the case because I replaced the lower bridge by PE parts, so a different fit than the original kit's part. Some repair required, I am not entirely happy, but that should work - and should be concealed once all the smaller stuff will be shipped...
So much for today, next update should be here in a week from now!!
Thanks for looking in!!