Well, I was hoping to upload a photo of my latest mistakes, but Photobucket appears to be enjoying the holiday weekend.
My mistakes? Well, I glued the first set of deadeyes on the port side inside out, and I found that the ratline was not long enough to around the upper deadeye. So the ratline problem was an easy fix; I decided to keep deadeyes installed incorrectly, because the cement was in that stage of not yet hardened, but still "gluey" enough to keep the plastic soft, and I figured if I pulled the deadeyes out, I'd just have a bigger mess on my hands. Not that it matters, of the deadeyes I've installed, they all look like crap. One problem I'm finding on the lower ratlines is that the thickness of the thread doesn't fit neatly around the deadeye; it sometimes slips off the deadeye, and the ratline shroud actually gets caught in the roving of the deadeyes. So for the last couple of deadeyes, I'm cutting off the flange that goes around the upper deadeye, so that there is a wider surface for the ratline shroud to attach to. Getting the painting on the lower foremast done; paint, dry, sand smooth, repeat.
I'll post that pic as soon as I can. (And maybe even some more!)
Update 4 July: So here's the picture:
Update 13 Jul: So, the above pic is NOT of my ship, but Photobucket is wanting me to upgrade my account so that I am able to do third party hosting. I haven't seen what kind of offer they're making.