Greetings fellow scurvy dogs!
Time for another update to the Snowberry Saga..
First up, I built the Hedgehog Splinter Shield for the side of the main deck, next to the hedgehog launcher actually.. Inside view..
No soldering to see here. Just used various CA glues for this one.
Next up, I bent up a splinter shield that goes in front of the bridge..
A little soldering here..
And the other side..
Then I decided to solder this shield into position as I don't think soldering on a plastic deck is such a good idea. First up I put the shield in position and after s little experimentation I secured it with some masking tape, no where near it will get hot..
Have you ever seen someone pick up something that is hot then drop it very quickly? It seems heat and the weight of an item are directly related. The hotter something is the heavier it gets, so heavy in fact that some one will drop it it gets so heavy. That hasn't happened to me, in this build, but it has before..
Next up the back of the shield after soldering..
And 'tother side..
I will clean it up later with the wire brush on my motor tool. I had to use my big-bottom soldering iron as my temperature controlled one just couldn't get enough heat into the huge heat-sink that is the deck and shield. I used solder paste and it worked great.
Anyway. that all for now. Tomorrow I am going to the hardware store and am going to buy some nice, strong contact cement and I will glue the foredeck in position.. I hope anyway!
That's it for now..
Thanks for tuning in,