Model Monkey announces the release of Vietnam War-era Essex class aircraft carrier island in multiple scales!
Calling all Vietnam War-era Essex class aircraft carrier fans!
Model Monkey is pleased to announce that in addition to several previously released, accurate and highly detailed, modernized Essex class aircraft carrier SCB-27 and SCB-125 islands, a new batch of 3D-printed islands is now being released in several popular scales.
First design of the new batch completed is USS Randolph CVS-15 as it appeared in 1968 during the Vietnam War.Recommended for:
This multi-part kit represents the modernized SCB-125 island of Essex class aircraft carrier USS Randolph CVS-15 as it appeared circa 1968 during the Vietnam War. It is intended as a more accurate, direct replacement for the kit parts found in any classic Revell Essex class carrier model.
This 1/530 scale design is too small for the Renwal model kit and will not fit it properly.
Click here for cleaning and painting advice.© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.
- open bridge and PriFly windows with delicate framing
- decks properly offset to port - Revell's kits' decks are positioned too far to starboard and should NOT be centered on the island
- properly positioned deck features
- deck supporting structure details accurately positioned as confirmed by photos of the real ship
- delicate exterior piping detail correct for Randolph
- porthole rigols ("eyebrows")
- correct style A/T doors for Randolph
- door overhead rain deflectors
- correct number and position of PriFly splinter shield ribs
- open funnel cap (grille not included), ready for your favorite photoetch set