New designs for USS Arizona and USS Pennsylvania BB-38 enthusiasts. In addition to superstructures completed previously, 3D-printed, highly accurate funnels for each ship as they appeared at Pearl Harbor is now available in 1/700, 1/426, 1/350, 1/192, and 1/200 scales.
The actual funnels for Arizona and Pennsylvania were different in detail and these subtle differences are all captured in the designs.
- overall dimensions and features scaled from official US Navy plans and drawings by Alan B. Chesley and A.D. Baker III adjusted to match photographs of the actual ship
- accurately shaped steam pipes, incinerator exhausts and whistle, correctly located for the specific ship (incinerator and steam pipe locations are not the same for these ships)
- separate piece machinegun platform permits easier access to, and interior painting of, the searchlight control stations straddling the funnel
- splinter shielding shape correct for December, 1941 Arizona and a different design for August-December, 1941 USS Pennsylvania (again, they are not the same)
- open smoke pipe with correct interior "bend", hollow all the way through
- vents just below the funnel cap properly sized and placed
- fine supporting structure details omitted, ready for your favorite photo-etch parts (not included)
Prices for these sets range from $12.00 for 1/700 to $77.00 for 1/200 (US), plus shipping. These items cant be purchased from Model Monkey's Shapeways webstore